Death found the idolized Führer wearing slippers like a

Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun were married on the 28th of April 1945 at about 8pm by a civil servant from the Propaganda Ministry. Martin Bormann and Paul Josef Göbbels were witnesses of the wedding. Hitler and his bride were married in the Conference room of Hitler's bunker in Berlin. Hitler was then a very sick man: his face was ashen, his gaze wandered. It is a miracle Eva Braun accepted to marry such a wreck. He was wearing the crumpled tunic in which he nowadays laid on his bed all day, he has just pinned on it the Gold Party Badge, the Iron Cross 1st Class and the Wounded Medal of the Great War.

Eva Braun too was very pale. She wore a dark-blue silk dress under a grey fur cape. The ceremony behind closed doors lasted less ten minutes. Bormann opened the door again when Hitler and Eva were signing the licence: she started signing her name Braun, realized her mistake, scratched the B and signed Eva Hitler. Hitler then kissed her hand. That was it. The Göbbels along with two secretaries, Frau Christian and Frau Junge, were then invited to a wedding tea in the study. When the wedding tea was over, Hitler summoned Frau Junge to his study. He dictated his Will to her.

Hitler edited it several times before to order 3 copies to be done for the final version. In it, he dictated the composition of the new government : Admiral Dönitz was going to be his successor as President, not as Führer. Martin Bormann was to remain leader of the NSDAP with ministerial rank. During the same night, the bunker was under heavy fire from the Soviets : at around 6am, a firestorm began to rage in the nearby government district and shells crashed into the Chancellery and exploded on the roof of the bunker.

In the bunker, the ambiance was gloomy. In the afternoon, there was a rumour that the Russians were trying to reach the Chancellery through the U-Bahn tunnel, Hitler started to play nervously with his little dog Wolf (2) to hide his fear. The excitement in the bunker reached its high point, Göbbels who chain smoked turned totally grey and his wife was weeping profusely.

Around noon on the 29th, Hitler went to the bunker in the Reich old Chancellery. Here he greeted the secretaries and typists and said softly to them: "Thank you, children" and he went back to the his bunker in the new Chancellery. Everybody spent the rest of the day and the night waiting for the Russians to arrive. After midnight, the shelling from the Soviets abated a little. In the hall of the bunker, Professor Haase (3) was standing with Hitler's dog handler, Sgt Tornow. Hitler had given Tornow the job of poisoning Blondi, his Alsatian bitch shepherd because he wanted to try the cyanide on her. Just after midnight, the poison was administered on her. It worked immediately. Hitler checked on her death, said nothing and left the lavatory where the poison had been given to the dog.

At that time, the Russian tanks were only 300 meters away from the Chancellery. Everybody in the bunker still hoped that Hitler would change his mind and decide to leave the bunker. But the Führer was too afraid to take the risks to be taken alive by the Russians. During the night of 29 April, he had his regular evening tea with Eva, Frau Christian, Frau Junge and Fräulein Manziarly, his diet assistant who was the mistress of one of Hitler's Generals. At 5:00 am they left Hitler with tears in their eyes and Frau Junge said to Sturmbannführer SS Otto Günsche, Hitler's last personal adjutant, that the Führer wanted to shoot himself that day, as he had already announced to his staff in the bunker since some time. The rest of the night was spent once more waiting for the Russians.

At 8:00 am on 30 April Hitler dictated to Martin Bormann his last military orders which were completely out of reality. Orders were transmitted by Bormann to the Battle Group Mohnke (5) to break out of the government district and join up out of Berlin with beleaguered troops which were trying to continue some struggle. A 2:00 pm, Bormann rushed out of Hitler's study looking pale and confused. He went to Otto Günsche and said that Hitler and Eva wanted to bring their lives to an end that day. Their bodies, he added, were to be drenched in benzene and burned in the garden of the Chancellery. That was Hitler's categorical order. Under no circumstances should his body fall into Russian hands. Bormann asked Günsche to make sure that everything was ready for the burning of the bodies. Then Günsche called Mohnke and asked him to come to Hitler's bunker.

Some minutes later, SS Oberführer Johann Rattenhuber, head of Adolf Hitler's Reichssicherheitsdienst (RSD), Hans Baur, Hitler’s pilot and his assistant Betz came into the antechamber to Hitler's study. Hitler came out of his study: his eyes were snuffed out, his face earthen, his eyes had dark rings. His left hand was shaking more than ever and it seemed that the tremor had taken the whole body. He only said :"I have ordered that I am to be burned after my death. Make sure that my order is carried out to the letter. I will not have it that they take my body back to Moscow to exhibit in a cabinet of curiosities." Then Hitler traced a lethargic gesture of farewell with his right arm and turned round and disappeared behind the study door where Eva was waiting for him.

Günsche summoned Erich Kempka, Hitler's chauffeur, to bring ten canisters of benzene to the bunker and to leave it at the emergency exit to the garden. When all was set, he took up his position by the antechamber door while he waited for the gunshot. His watch read 3:10pm. A little later, Eva Braun came out of the study into the antechamber : she looked sad, said goodbye to Linge, then went to Frau Göbbels who was in her husband's room. A few minutes later she came back and asked Günsche to tell Hitler that Frau Göbbels wanted to see him one more time. Hitler relented to her query, met the Göbbels who tried once more to convince him to flee Berlin. In a hysterical voice, Hitler replied :"No, Doctor, you know my decision. It is not going to change." Then he took leave of Magda Göbbels and went back to his apartment.

At the door to the study Linge wanted to say goodbye to him. Hitler only answered that he had given orders to break out from Berlin to the West in small groups. Linge stared at Hitler and asked whom they should be fighting their way out for now ? Surprised Hitler looked at him and said:" For the coming man!". Then he said goodbye to Linge and Friedrich Wilhelm Krüger, Heinrich Himmler's representative, with a limp handshake and raised his right arm. Linge and Krüger gave back the Nazi salute, closed the door to the study and went to the old bunker.

Then it was Eva Braun to leave Magda Göbbels's room: she walked slowly to Hitler's study. A few minutes later, Göbbels came out and joined Bormann and other Nazi dignitaries in the conference room. Another minutes and Linge came back from the old bunker. It was just a few minutes before 4:00 pm. As Linge walked past Günsche he just said that he thought it was by now over and went to the antechamber. Göbbels said :"I think I heard a shot." Linge smelled gunpowder, told Bormann about the smell and he opened the door and Göbeels and Axmann walked in with Bormann following.

The Führer in slippers

Then they saw the following scene : on the left-hand side of the sofa sat a dead Hitler. Next to him was an as dead Eva Hitler. In Hitler's right temple there was a bullet wound the size of a coin and two streams of blood were running down on his cheek. Günsche assumed that Hitler shot himself through the mouth. On the carpet, next to his right foot, lay a 7.65mm Walther pistol and next to his left foot was a 6.35 mm Walther. Hitler was still wearing his grey tunic, a white shirt with a black tie, black trousers, black socks and black leather slippers (sic). Eva Hitler had pulled her legs under herself and had poisoned herself with cyanide. Linge laid Hitler's body on the ground and wrapped him in a blanket. He carried it out to the garden while Göbbels, Axmann and other dignitaries raised their arm in salute. Then Kempka emerged from the study carrying Eva's body that strongly smelled of cyanide. Bormann himself carried Eva Braun's body to the garden. Both corpses were put down on the ground at the emergency exit because the shelling by the Russians was too intense to immediately go to the garden. When it abated a little, they drew the bodies to the Chancellery garden and laid them in the shallow pit graves that had been dug out by SS members.

Bormann, Günsche, Kempka and three others SS grabbed canisters filled with benzene and poured 200 liters of combustible over the corpses. Linge ignited a piece of paper and tossed it on the bodies that were instantly in flames. After a few seconds they all went back in silence to the bunker. Günsche went to the study room picked up the two Walther pistols, Hitler's famous dog-whip and joined the others in the conference room to decide what to do next. Bormann was extremely agitated and only thought about the best way to get out of the bunker. Göbbels proposed to make contact with the Soviets and to secure a short cease-fire.

Frau Göbbels was sobbing as usual wondering what was going to happen to herself and her six children Hilde, Helga, Helmut, Holde, Heide and Hedda (all carried names starting with an H in honour of Hitler). Nevertheless in this moment, she blamed the Führer for "having done it". Later around 4:00 pm, she asked Dr.Stumpfegger to kill her children by poisoning their coffee. She waited outside the room and when the job was done, Dr. Stumpfegger came out of the room, nodded to her and she fainted. Immediately after, she was taken back to her room by two SS men.

At 5:30 pm. General Weidling (6) turned up in the bunker for the afternoon conference and was informed of Hitler's death : they decided to ask the Russians for a ceasefire that was refused. The shelling of the district continued unabated all night. On the morning of the 1st of May, Göbbels emerged from his room asking Linge whether he could have prevented Hitler's suicide. Linge laughed at the suggestion. The Propaganda minister came back to his room and he and his wife shot themselves. His body was also drenched with benzene and set ablaze by SS men.

At around noon, General Krebs, Deputy Chief of Army General Staff (OKH), returned to the bunker with the news that the Russians were asking unconditional surrender. It was decided in the evening to go for a break-out : the garrison was planning to escape that evening. Some made it, other died: Bormann was seen jumping on a German tank by Axmann who said later that a hand grenade was thrown on the tank. His body will be dug out from the Berlin street in the 70s and identified by ADN test.

 On the 4th of May, Soviet secret-services men of the Smersh (7) dug out the Hitlers' bodies, husband and wife. But as they believed the corpses laid in the building of the Chancellery they reburied the bodies. The next day, officers from another Russian secret-service dug up the remains of Adolf and Eva Hitler. The remains were wrapped in blankets and smuggled to the Smersh HQ in Berlin-Buch. On the 6th of May, at the field hospital #496 in Berlin-Buch, an autopsy was made of 11 human bodies by a medical commission led by Lt-Colonel Shkaravsky : they were the already identified remains of General Krebs, Goebbels and wife, six children and the presumed remains of Adolf and Eva Hitler.

A dental examination of those two bodies was made on 11 May by Pr Hugo Blaschke and his technician Käthe Heusermann who stated that the bodies en question were those of Adolf and Eva Hitler. The Hitlerian nightmare was over, the cold war could start. More than 11 million Russian soldiers died during WW2, and about 4 million German soldiers. WW2 was a conflict to the end between two tyrants : Hitler lost.


(1) Otto Günsche, (1917 – 2003) was a Sturmbannführer in the SS and a close aide of Adolf Hitler. Günsche was born in Jena in Thuringia. He was present at the July 20 plot to kill Hitler. As the end of the Third Reich became imminent, Hitler asked Günsche to ensure that his body would be burnt after his death. Having done so, Günsche left the Führerbunker but was captured by Soviet troops encircling the city soon thereafter. He was imprisoned in Bautzen and released in 1956. He was one of the main witnesses used by the Russians to establish the exact conditions of the death of Hitler.

Heinz Linge ( 1913 – 1980) was a valet at German dictator Adolf Hitler's headquarters. Linge was born in Bremen. He worked as a valet at Wolfsschanze in Rastenburg and at Hitler's bunker in Berlin in the last days of the Führer's life, and was Hitler's personal ordinance officer. Linge was one of the last to leave the bunker and was arrested by the Red Army, which interrogated him about the circumstances of Hitler's death. He was released from Soviet captivity in 1955 and died in Bremen in West Germany.

(2) The little dog "Wolf" was the puppy of Hitler's bitch Blondi. He was shot in the garden of the Chancellery by a SS member in April 1945 with other puppies from the same mother. Blondi was poisoned on Hitler's orders.

(3) Werner Haase (1900 – 1950), German professor of medicine and SS officer, was one of Adolf Hitler's personal physicians. In the last days of the fighting in Berlin in late April 1945, Haase, with Ernst Günther Schenck, was working to save the lives of the many wounded German soldiers and civilians in the public air-raid shelter under the Reich Chancellery building in central Berlin, next to the Führerbunker. Haase was made a Soviet prisoner of war. In June 1945 he was charged with being "a personal doctor of the former Reichschancellor of Germany, Hitler, and also treated other leaders of Hitler's government and of the Nazi Party and members of Hitler's SS guard." The sentence is not recorded. Haase, who suffered from tuberculosis, died in captivity in November 1950.

(4) Traundl Junge, (1920 – 2002, born Gertraud Humps) was Adolf Hitler's youngest personal private secretary, from December 1942 to April 1945. Years after the war, she returned to the public eye with the release of an autobiography, Until the Final Hour (2002) , which described the time she worked for Hitler. She was also interviewed for the 2002 documentary film Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary. This suddenly brought her much attention and for a few days she was accorded something approaching global celebrity when, aged 81, she died in a Munich hospital. She never recovered from her sentiment of guilt and was never able to forget her past.

(5) SS-Brigadeführer Wilhelm Mohnke (1911 – 2001) was one of the original 120 members of the SS-Stabswache "Berlin" formed in March 1933. From those ranks he was to rise to become one of German last remaining generals. He commanded Kampfgruppe Mohnke and was charged with defending the Berlin government district, including the Reichstag during the Battle of Berlin.

(6) General Helmuth Weidling (November 2, 1891 – November 17, 1955) was the last German commander of the Berlin Defense Area during the final assault by Soviet forces on the city of Berlin.

(7) SMERSH (Death to Spies) was the name of a specialized counterintelligence department in the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff GRU of the Soviet Union. Operating under various names since the beginning of the GRU, it was given its most notorious name SMERSH during the years immediately preceding World War II. The direction of SMERSH was to secure the rear of the active Red Army from partisans, saboteurs, and spies, on the front to investigate and arrest conspirators and mutineers, "traitors, deserters, spies, and criminal elements", and support the General Staff's strategic operations by carrying out global assassination of elements considered subversive to the military stability of the Red Army.

The Day of Hitler's Death: Even Now, New Glimpses

By Stephen Kinzer

Published: May 4, 1995


BERLIN, May 3— Fifty years ago this week, with his "thousand-year Reich" in ruins, Hitler committed suicide, ending a life that may have brought more suffering to more people than any other in history.


Because no clearly identifiable corpse was known to have been found, uncertainty about Hitler's fate persisted for years. But in recent weeks, new information has emerged that not only proves conclusively that the Nazi dictator killed himself in his underground bunker, but also illuminates details of the hours immediately before and after his death as well as the way the Soviets disposed of his remains a quarter-century later.


On April 28, Hitler received news that Mussolini had been captured by Partisans, shot and hanged upside-down in a Milan plaza. Determined to cheat his enemies, Hitler resolved to commit suicide, and ordered aides to burn his body beyond recognition afterward.


"My Führer, why don't you go to the troops as a soldier?" his secretary, Traudl Junge, asked him.


"I can't do that," Hitler replied. "None of my people are prepared to shoot me, and I won't fall into the Russians' hands alive."


Hitler awoke early on the morning of April 30 and spoke with his private pilot, Hans Baur, who reported that he had prepared a plane capable of making a long-distance flight. He suggested that Hitler flee to Argentina, Japan, Greenland, Manchuria or Jerusalem, where admirers were supposedly ready to spirit him to a hideout in the Sahara.


Hitler declined the offer, and a few hours later dictated his final testament to Miss Junge.


"During these last three decades, all my thoughts and actions, and my entire life, have been moved solely by the love and fidelity I feel for my people," he said. "This has given me the strength to make the most difficult of decisions, the like of which no mortal has ever made before."


After finishing his dictation, Hitler and his wife of two days, Eva Braun, retired to their sitting room. At 3:30, a shot rang out. Artur Axmann, a Hitler Youth leader, entered the room moments later.


"Adolf Hitler sat on the right side of the sofa," Mr. Axmann recalled in one of several interviews he has given in recent weeks. "His upper body was leaning slightly to the side, with the head slumping down. His forehead and face were very white, and a trickle of blood was flowing down.


"I saw Eva Braun next to Hitler on the sofa. Her eyes were closed. There was no movement. She had poisoned herself, and appeared to be sleeping."


Aides took the two bodies outside, doused them with gasoline and burned them, continuing until they had used about 50 gallons.


In recent interviews, retired Soviet intelligence officers have confirmed what they refused to confirm for years: that they found and identified Hitler's remains. One officer, Gen. Leonid Siomonchuk, who later rose to the rank of general in the K.G.B., told German interviewers that he was present when Hitler's dentist was ordered to examine the corpse:


At the beginning he was a bit shocked, unable to speak, then he said, 'Hitler is dead'.


A document newly obtained from long-closed archives in Moscow includes an order that Hitler's remains be burned and that the ashes be dumped in the Elbe River.


A part of what may be Hitler's skull, with bullet hole, was removed before the cremation and shipped to Moscow. Before German television cameras, a Russian archivist, Alzha Borkovich, recently unwrapped it and held it in her hand.


"To tell you the truth," she said, "my hand is shaking."




The original title of Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' was 4 & 1/2 Year Struggle, against Lies, Stupidity and Cowardice. The first part was written while he was incarcerated in Landsberg prison after the 1923 Beerhall Putsch. His publisher, Max Amann, later changed the title to Mein Kampf (My Struggle). By 1939, the book had sold over 5 million copies, making Hitler a millionaire. Up to 1945, the book had a total printing of just over 10,000,000 copies. His official salary was 60,000 Marks per annum. In 1934, Hitler declared his income for 1933 as 1,232,355 Marks but the tax on 600,000 of this amount was never paid. Most of this was from royalties from his book. He also received a fraction of a cent for every postage stamp sold bearing his image.

Klaus-Dieter Dubon, a retired Bavarian notary and tax expert, said he found Hitler's tax records in a Munich archive. They show the Nazi dictator battled tax collectors for eight years before becoming chancellor in 1933.

Hitler's troubles with the Munich tax office suddenly vanished shortly after he took power in 1933.

The infamous 1933 Enabling Act gave Hitler dictatorial powers but also helped him win his battles with the Munich tax office for good. The office first declared Hitler liberated from income tax in 1934 and in 1935 absolved him of his past tax debt of 405,494 Reichsmarks.

Dubon said the head of the Munich tax office, Ludwig Mirre, excused Hitler from paying tax only after first formally writing to him to ask permission. An assistant to Hitler wrote back to Mirre: "Herr Hitler accepts your proposal."

Mirre was promoted a month later to head of the German tax office and given a 41 percent pay rise.

Steel Baron Gustav Krupp, proposed that all employers contribute a quarterly sum based on their payroll. Called the 'German Industry's Adolf Hitler Fund', it was administrated by Martin Bormann and added many millions to Hitler's coffers. In the twelve years of his dictatorship Hitler disposed of over 305 million Reichsmarks.

There is no evidence that Hitler’s great wealth was ever found or inherited by his relatives. What his relatives inherited were material things he couldn't take with him if he left Germany.

His last will is very suspicious.

Written and dated shortly before his supposed suicide, he begins by explaining that he is marrying his long-time girlfriend, but he doesn't even put her name in his will.

Then he goes on to say, "She goes as my wife with me into death", and ends his will, "It is our wish to be burnt immediately on the spot...", meaning in Berlin.

Why explain the marriage in the will? Could it have been a message to her family?

...she goes as my wife...

...with me...

...into death...

We have married and have left the country together and won't be back. That's how the message might be read.

Hitler's last will was how he wanted his story to be told.

And that's what has been told, just the way he wrote it.

Supposed witnesses told the story of the last-minute wedding and the suicide and the burning of the bodies.

Yet why should we believe the people who said Hitler killed himself? The very people who were closest to him. Who believed in him and the Nazi dream.

Hitler's nurse was questioned by the FBI after the war ended. She described how Hitler filled a room with his personality, how only he existed when you were in a crowded room with him, that aside from Hitler, nothing else existed.

She went on to explain that the most fascinating thing about Hitler was his eyes, and how even at the end, it was impossible to turn away from his eyes.

And then, to explain why she believed Hitler had killed himself, she told the FBI that Hitler would have known it was hopeless for him to ever build a new Germany.

What kind of answer is that? Who says Hitler cared only about ruling Germany and the world?

In the end, maybe Hitler only cared about saving himself. And he took his girlfriend/wife with him to take care of his daily needs. To cook and clean and do his laundry. A maid.

A body burned in a funeral parlor oven isn't completely burned. The large bones are ground up. If Hitler had been burned and buried, there would have been bones and ash.

Testimony from SS-Hauptsturmführer Karl Schneider (supervisor of garages) made on 5 February 1948 in Nuremberg:

I had more petrol available to me than during the whole of the war. It had been brought over from the airports that had to be evacuated. And I had 20 to 30 or even more barrels filled with petrol in the garden of the Propaganda Ministry. On 27 or 28 April I called the Chancellery and asked if they needed petrol because I had so much and actually thought it was a bit dangerous. Those in the Chancellery told me, 'We have too much ourselves.'..In my opinion there can be no doubt that there was enough petrol available.

Many testimonies (including Russian) put the conservative figure at twelve 20 litre cans (240 litres) utilised on the 'bonfire'.

This is more than enough (According to Anton Joachimsthaler, up to 300 litres of gasoline were used on Hitler and Braun) to reach a temperature where adipose tissue becomes an accelerant in the cremation process. When this point has reached, further fuel is not required.

SS-Hauptsturmführer Edwald Lindloff testified that after only 30 minutes the corpses were already "charred and torn open".

The fire burnt for another two hours.

All that remained of Hitler "was some charred bones with burnt particles of tissue attached".

When a human body is burned in the open by means of petrol, the first thing that burns off is the extraneous petrol, which causes a strong heating up of the corpse. Then, because they act like a wick, the fire spreads to the clothes, which burn away more or less quickly depending on the nature and structure of the fabric.

When the open flames then act directly on the body surface for a longer period of time, the final result is carbonization. During the process, steam forms in the subcutaneous tissue and in the course of the burning the pressure can rise dramatically, so that the body surface bursts open in many places, like an overheated frozen burrito. The skull can also burst from the same effect. The heat causes the protein in the cells of the muscles to congeal, which then contract. This leads to contortions of the arms or the lifting up and contracting of the upper body and legs, which stay in this position because of posthumous heat rigor mortis, which is called the "fencer's stance."

The heat causes the body fat to melt and the fatty acids released to run out of the gashes in the skin. Because of the major loss of water and fat, the carbonated corpse or torso shrinks to a substantial degree. If the burning continues for an extended period of time, the soft tissue is almost completely consumed. The only thing remains is fragile, calcified bones that can easily disintegrate even without external force being applied. As a result, it is very unlikely that anything resembling a human corpse remained following Adolf Hitler's post-mortem burning.

According to Otto Günsche:

That Adolf Hitler was not completely burnt up with the help of the petrol is correct. The remains were scattered and shell fire did the rest... The heavy artillery and napalm fire went on until 2 May. Nothing was left that could point to Hitler... Often I can only shake my head about the claims of so-called witnesses, some of whom were not even there and are only repeating hearsay from others as their own observations. Maybe such claims, which were made immediately after the end of the war and have been repeated in various versions, are the answer to the fact that no one was in a position to prove what was left of the Führer's corpse and where this could be seen. None of the reports about this can be proved: they are falsification... The destruction of the Führer's corpse and that of his wife was complete through various causes.

The only witness to identify "Hitler's body" was a Russian diplomat who had previously met the Führer once. No German witnesses ever saw and identified the body supposed to be Adolf Hitler but it certainly wasn't because of a shortage of potential witnesses. Zukhov had twenty Germans identify Minister for Propaganda Josef Göbbels!

When the bodies of Josef and Magda Göbbels were found, they were put on display and photographed from every angle, even on the autopsy table. Only ONE photograph was taken of "Hitler's corpse" - it is a picture of a crate with something unidentifiable in it, and the shot was taken from a distance. Did no one take a decent photograph of the corpse when it was discovered or during the autopsy?

Therefore, it is most likely nonsense that the Russians, as they claimed several weeks after his death, ever found Hitler's body/corpse. There was no body, there was no autopsy. To this day the Russians have not presented a single piece of evidence that they found Hitler's corpse. Where are the authentic photographs? Where is the allegedly lead-lined box with Hitler's identifiable corpse? Why was this not shown to the German witnesses the Russians had captured? Even though in 1945--and during their reconstruction of the events in 1946--the Russians kept telling Linge, Günsche, Baur, Hofbeck, Henschel and the others that they would be "confronted with Hitler's body," they never showed it to any of these people.


At some point the Soviets claimed they'd dug up Hitler's burned body, reburied it, dug it up again, and eventually brought the skull to the Soviet Union.

Not true.

The skull they claimed to be Hitler's has been tested for DNA and it is a woman's skull. 

But if Hitler didn't die, where did he go?

How did he get out of Berlin?

Then out of Germany?

Well, quite a few Nazis escaped, some as far away as Argentina, so we know it wasn't impossible.

Would anyone have recognized Hitler without his mustache? Travelling with a wife?

Many years previous to what is said to be Hitler's last will, he had written a detailed will, describing how his estate was to be divided. The so-called last will of his had no such details. Why was that?

Probably, long before the war ended, he'd secured his money outside of Germany, so there was no money for his family.

The people who told Hitler's story about his suicide were people who idolized him.

They would have told the story to protect him in his new life.

And years later, they would have continued to tell the same story to protect themselves for having lied to authorities.

Whatever the truth about Hitler, he's dead by now. But it would be interesting to know how he lived his last years.

What if Hitler had survived the end of the Second World War and was found alive
-Esquire cover from the Sixties-

Adolf Hitler confirmed to have lived in Argentina until 1957
1 Apr 2009

Until yesterday, we had learned that Adolf Hitler and his wife Eva Braun committed suicide in Hitler's Berlin bunker as Soviet troops fought only blocks away. New investigations had shown that while remains were found in the bunker, none of them was that of Hitler's.

"The escape of Hitler had always been a myth," said United States Federal Bureau of Investigations spokesperson Andrew Schumacher. "Today, we concluded that it was true. Artifacts recently discovered in Argentina indicated that Hitler had escaped by submarine to Argentina and lived for over 10 years."

According to the information made public by the FBI, the case on Hitler took a backseat in the late 1940s, but it was never officially closed. Despite a very small budget, the team was able to track down several European and South American leads, ultimately finding a cellar in an unassuming house in an unnamed village some distance from the relatively remote town of Iruya in Northern Argentina. In the cellar, a metal WW2-era German Army ammunition box was found. Among the few items inside was a photo of Hitler, weary in appearance, shaking hands with a German Navy submarine captain. In the background, the presence of floss silk trees, unique to South America, is undeniable; this photograph serves as one of the key pieces of evidence of Hitler’s escape. It is hypothesized that Hitler had taken one of the final flights out of Berlin and left behind him an anonymous body double (who might had been murdered for the Soviets to discover). Via the Norwegian coast, he was taken by a submarine to Argentina.

Other artifacts found in the ammunition box include an Iron Cross medal, a Luger pistol, a fountain pen with a dried-up bottle of ink, a program to the 1 Apr 1938 Berlin production of Richard Wagner's Die Walküre, cut-out comic strips from 1940s and 1950s newspapers, a strand of hair which DNA testing concluded to be dog hair of German Shepherd breed, a rubber bouncy ball, a voodoo doll named Stalin, a coin that is presumably the first Mark he made as a boy, some glass marbles, a wooden spork, and several German military operations manuals.

Some conspiracy theorists place Hitler in the center of various plots aimed at toppling the US government. In actuality, however, his life could not be any more different. The post-war profile of Hitler that the profile FBI released had him raising chickens and planting cabbage for a living. "Herr Schmidt", as he came to be known, made the best Sauerkraut in town. An older village resident remembered that "Herr Schmidt fed his chickens in the courtyard every morning right after dawn, making clucking noises as he threw feed onto the ground. Sometimes when he saw me, he would run back into the house and return with a jar of Sauerkraut as a gift." Another resident shared that Hitler sometimes performed scenes from Tristan and Isolde under the full moon in front of the chicken shack to a poultry audience. The folks in town seemed to think of "Herr Schmidt" as a strange man, but all agree that they put up with him because his Sauerkraut was so delicious.

"Off the official record, many of us at the Bureau are rather disgusted that he was never brought to justice, and instead lived in simple comfort for the remainder of his life," commented Schumacher during an interview with the Steve Inskeep of American radio program Morning Edition of National Public Radio. “However, we can at least be glad that he seemed to have given up his ambitions after fleeing to Argentina."

Since Hitler's death in about the first week of Apr 1957, the house had been sold several times. A previous owner tore down the chicken shack to expand the cabbage lot, and the present owner Mr. Hernández reported that he had nearly thrown out everything in the cellar, but only stopped because there was so much "junk" in there and he did not really need the storage space. Little did he realize the historical importance of the metal box in the cellar, which contained proof that the house was at one time owned by a man who is widely considered the most evil man in human history, and was the two-time recipient of Best Cabbage Dish Award of the Iruya Town Fair of 1952 and 1953. Mr. Hernández was given Hitler's rubber bouncy ball by the chief FBI field agent in charge of the project; he is reported to be setting up an eBay account to see if the bouncy ball can fetch some money to help him pay for his son's upcoming wedding.

At the bottom of every page in the report released to the public by the FBI noted, in fine print "In case you have not yet realized, this entire news article is fictional and should not be taken seriously. Happy April Fools Day to all."



Could Hitler still be alive and if so, if he repented and accepted Jesus as his saviour, could he enter Heaven?


In countless biographies of Adolf Hitler the story of his final hours is recounted in the traditional version: committing suicide with Eva Braun, he took a cyanide pill and then shot himself on 30 April 1945, as the Russians bombarded Berlin.

Some historians expressed doubt that the Führer had shot himself, speculating that accounts of Hitler's death had been embellished to present his suicide in a suitably heroic light. But a fragment of skull, complete with bullet hole, which was taken from the bunker by the Russians and displayed in Moscow in 2000, appeared to settle the argument.

Until now. In the wake of new revelations, the histories of Hitler's death may need to be rewritten – and left open-ended. American researchers claim to have demonstrated that the skull fragment, secretly preserved for decades by Soviet intelligence, belonged to a woman under 40, whose identity is unknown. DNA analyses performed on the bone, now held by the Russian State Archive in Moscow, have been processed at the genetics lab of the University of Connecticut. The results, broadcast in the US by a History Channel documentary, Hitler's Escape, astonished scientists.

According to Connecticut archaeologist and bone specialist Nick Bellantoni, it was clear from the outset that something was amiss. "The bone seemed very thin; male bone tends to be more robust," he said. "And the sutures where the skull plates come together seemed to correspond to someone under 40." In April 1945 Hitler turned 56.

Bellantoni had flown to Moscow to inspect the gruesome Hitler trophies at the State Archive, which included the skull fragment as well as bloodstains from the bunker sofa on which Hitler and Braun were believed to have committed suicide. He was allowed only one hour with the Hitler trove, during which time he applied cotton swabs and took DNA samples. "I had the reference photos the Soviets took of the sofa in 1945 and I was seeing the exact same stains on the fragments of wood and fabric in front of me, so I knew I was working with the real thing."

The samples were then flown back to Connecticut. At the university's centre for applied genetics, Linda Strausbaugh closed her lab for three days to work exclusively on the Hitler project. "We used the same routines and controls that would have been used in a crime lab," she said. To her surprise, a small amount of viable DNA was extracted. She then replicated this through a process known as molecular copying to provide enough material for analysis. "We were very lucky to get a reading, despite the limited amount of genetic information," she said.

The result was extraordinary. According to witnesses, the bodies of Hitler and Braun had been wrapped in blankets and carried to the garden just outside the Berlin bunker, placed in a bomb crater, doused with petrol and set ablaze.

But the skull fragment the Russians dug up outside the Führerbunker in 1946 could never have belonged to Hitler. The skull DNA was incontestably female. The only positive physical proof that Hitler had shot himself had suddenly been rendered worthless. The result is a mystery reopened and, for conspiracy theorists the tantalising possibility that Hitler did not die in the bunker.

For decades after the war the fate of Hitler's corpse was shrouded in secrecy. No picture or film was made public. As the Soviet Army secured control of Berlin in May 1945, Russian forensic specialists under the command of the counterintelligence unit Smersh (an acronym for "Death to Spies") dug up what was presumed to be the dictator's body outside the bunker and performed a post-mortem examination behind closed doors. A part of the skull was absent, presumably blown away by Hitler's suicide shot, but what remained of his jaw coincided with his dental records, a fact reportedly confirmed when the Russians showed his surviving dental work to the captured assistants of Hitler's dentist. The autopsy also reported that Hitler, as had been rumoured, had only one testicle.

But Stalin remained suspicious. In 1946 a second secret mission was dispatched to Berlin. In the same crater from which Hitler's body had been recovered, the new team found what it believed was the missing skull fragment with a bullet exit wound through it. The Russians also took fragments of Hitler's bloodstained sofa.

Even this failed to satisfy Stalin, who clamped a secrecy order on all matters related to Hitler's death. Unknown to the world, Hitler's corpse was interred at a Smersh centre in Magdeburg, East Germany. There it remained long after Stalin's death in 1953. Finally, in 1970, the KGB dug up the corpse, cremated it and secretly scattered the ashes in a river. Only the jawbone, the skull fragment and the bloodstained sofa segments were preserved in the deep archives of Soviet intelligence. The bunker was destroyed in 1947 and eventually paved over. Then, in 2000, the Russian State Archive in Moscow staged an exhibition, The Agony of the Third Reich. The skull fragment was displayed, but only photographs of Hitler's jawbone were on view. The head of the archive, Sergei Mironenko, said he had no doubt the skull fragment was authentic. "It is not just some bone we found in the street, but a fragment of a skull that was found in a hole where Hitler's body had been buried," he said.

In the wake of Bellantoni and Strausbaugh's findings, Mironenko's confidence was clearly misplaced. But could the fragment of skull belong to Eva Braun, who died at 33 and was laid alongside her beloved Führer in the same crater? "We know the skull corresponds to a woman between the ages of 20 and 40," said Bellantoni, but he is sceptical about the Braun thesis. "There is no report of Eva Braun having shot herself or having been shot afterwards. It could be anyone. Many people were killed around the bunker area."

Sixty-four years later, the world is still in the dark about what really happened in Hitler's bunker on 30 April 1945

Two Witnesses from the Bunker Speak Up

By Matt Koehl

It was this writer’s good fortune to have known two very remarkable individuals from Nazi Germany: Hitler’s personal pilot, Hans Baur; and the head of the Hitlerjugend (“Hitler Youth”), Arthur Axmann. Both men stood close to the Führer and were with him in the bunker at the end of World War II. As eyewitnesses they were therefore in a unique position to relate to me the circumstances surrounding the leader’s departure from this Earth. Based on their testimony, there can be no doubt that Hitler chose to stand to the very end in solidarity with the brave defenders of Berlin.

In the many hours of conversation I had with these two men, never was there the slightest suggestion that Hitler ever contemplated abandoning his frontline post and fleeing. To even have raised the possibility would have astounded them and been regarded with absolute disbelief, as something fit only for the news tabloids. That Martin Bormann might have had the Führer forcibly drugged and whisked out of the Reich capital is a tale without credible foundation. Less than an hour before his death, a completely composed and rational Hitler met to bid farewell to both Baur and Axmann, as well as to other members of his staff and immediate circle— including Martin Bormann.

A short time later, Hitler’s body was borne to the funeral pyre just outside the bunker, where it was consigned to the flames and, despite contradictory rumors, was never more seen. In the breakout that ensued, Bormann left, in the company of State Secretary Werner Naumann; a doctor with the SS, Ludwig Stumpfegger, MD and Baur. Completely surrounded by the Soviets in the flaming cauldron, the men came under intense artillery and small-arms fire, and Bormann and Stumpfegger were killed. Axmann recalled personally seeing their bodies lying face up under the bridge where the Invalidenstrasse crossed the railroad tracks.

Hans Baur mentioned earlier rumors circulated in March 1945 that Hitler had left Berlin and speculated that these were deliberately planted by the Allies to demoralize the German population. Had Hitler elected to leave Berlin, he could, of course, well have done so before the last planes flew out and the city was sealed off. But Hitler had taken the decision to stand and fall at his post in the Reich capital, and not at some other suggested redoubt. Hitler would retreat no further.

In the immediate postwar years, there were many who entertained the hope that the F
ührer might somehow be physically alive and return in the manner of Napoleon from Elba in 1815, to march in triumph through the Brandenburg Gate once more. But this was to overlook geopolitical realities 130 years later. Even Stalin was convinced that Hitler had somehow escaped, using a double. As a matter of fact, SS Gen. Johann Rattenhuber [who headed the SS bodyguard corps] had proposed use of a double, and suggested someone from Lower Silesia as a candidate. Hitler, however, dismissed the whole idea as something that might be worthy of the Soviet dictator, but not of him. In captivity, Rattenhuber did happen to disclose the name and address of the double to the Russians, who proceeded to track him down. “I always wondered what became of that fellow,” Baur said. “After that, none of us heard anything more.”

Flugkapitän Baur related that during his captivity, the Soviets—following their failure to discover the Führer’s remains—were so obsessed with the idea that the Führer had somehow escaped, that he was subjected to repeated interrogation and torture in an attempt to get him to disclose Hitler’s supposed whereabouts. Had there been a strategic plan to withdraw from Berlin in order to resume the military struggle later on, Hitler would have wanted, along with Josef Göbbels, inter alia, to have precisely these two men with him: Hans Baur, as his personal pilot; and Artur Axmann, as coordinator of insurgent activity by the Werewolf organization within the Reich. Axmann had, in fact, developed tentative plans for just such an insurgency, plans that were subsequently abandoned as unrealistic in the existing circumstances. On one occasion, the former Hitler Youth leader told me categorically: “Hitler was convinced that he had to die here in Berlin. At the same time, he saw ‘the Idea’ as so great that it would one day arise anew.”

Despite the historic denouement of the events of 1945, of which they were both a part, Baur and Axmann remained convinced of the higher mission of their Führer. They believed that the world was not ready for this extraordinary figure, their chief, and that he died only to ultimately win in the same sense that one might say that Jesus Christ had to “lose” and die to win. To the end, they remained committed to him and to the cause he still represents.

One of Last Survivors Tells Bunker Tale

ROCHUS JORDAN MISCH (born July 29, 1917, now alive at 90) was a staff sergeant in the 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (the “Guards” division) who worked as a courier, bodyguard and telephone operator for Adolf Hitler from 1940 to 1945, and was the only person permitted to carry arms in the bunker after the assassination attempt on Hitler of July 20, 1944.

Misch handled most of the telephone calls to and from the bunker. As a junior member of Hitler’s permanent staff, Misch traveled with Hitler from bunker to bunker throughout World War II. On January 16, 1945, following German defeat in the Battle of the Bulge, Misch and the rest of Hitler’s personal staff moved into the Fuehrerbunker in Berlin. He stayed there almost without interruption until two days after Hitler’s death. Misch was captured after fleeing the bunker on May 2, only hours before the Red Army seized it. With the death of Bernd von Freytag-Löringhoven on February 27, 2007, Misch is one of the last two survivors of the Führerbunker. The other is Hitler Youth courier Armin Lehmann, who was one of the Hitler Youth heroes decorated by Hitler in the famous “last photo of Hitler” on his final birthday, April 20, 1945, with Artur Axmann walking behind the chancellor.

Lehmann moved to the U.S. after the war and became a major executive in the U.S. travel industry as well as an outspoken pacifist; the Baron became the second-in-command of the West German Bundeswehr army. Both wrote derogatory things about Hitler after the war. But they both, along with Rochus Misch, who remained loyal to his supreme commander, confirmed that Adolf Hitler died in the bunker.

The heroic Austrian Revisionist writer Gerd Honsik, who has been in Spanish political exile since 1992, picked up a broadcast of MDRTV (Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk television) from the eastern half of Germany on May 16, 2007, containing an interview with Misch. He was imprisoned for eight years by the Soviets 1945-53, and was viciously tortured by a commissar Stern, who enjoyed stripping him and, the old gentleman reported as the movie camera turned:

My swollen testicles caused me gigantic pain after each whipping.

Then, Honsik writes:

I could not believe my ears when Misch continued: ‘I was never asked [by Stern] about concentration camps or gas chambers. I heard about that only after my return to Germany. None of that makes sense. And Hitler was a good boss.'

MDR also showed in the program its interview with Misch’s Czech housekeeper, who in broken German took a stand for the former SS soldier:

Anyone who knows Mr. Misch knows that this man does not lie. He always tells the truth. I don’t believe any more what they taught us in [Czech] school about the evil Germans and about Auschwitz, about what they did there. Misch is such a good man; he cannot lie!

Misch stated, according to Honsik, that the bodies of Hitler and of Eva Braun, lying in an indentation in the dirt outside the entrance to the bunker, did not burn well with the 180 liters of gasoline, and that the wood available in the area should have been used for a proper cremation. Of course, bodies never burn well on the ground; they are 80% water and need plenty of air circulation and 30-40 minutes to burn to ash—which, incidentally, is also a fatal problem with the stories of the Holocaust body-burning pits.




Did Adolf Hitler really kill himself?

Watch the video and see for yourself